3 days / 2 nightsSend inquiry
Visit Zagreb and the green oasis of Plitvice Lakes where each eye sees another color. The capital of Croatia has become the most surprising city and is a must see destination on your bucket list. An elegant central European city, a charming old lady with a warm and welcoming soul that quickly gets under your skin. The Upper Town is the site of the Gothic architecture, the pedestrian-friendly Tkalčićeva Street lined up with outdoor cafes and restaurants where the people of Zagreb just love spending their time being together, the Lower town with the main square, Ban Jelačić, a hub to all the major sights in the city, shops, museums and inevitable city parks out of which Zrinjevac is the most adored.
Arrival to Zagreb by car or by plane. We offer accommodation in a downtown hotel, so that you can immediately begin exploring the city. Depending on your time of the arrival, we can start our sightseeing and get acquainted with Zagreb’s rich history and culture. Meet our local guide at the reception of the hotel and lets begin our time travel tour that dates back to medieval times. We shall stop at the Zagreb Cathedral, the most impressive Gothic-style sacral building and one of the greatest landmarks of Zagreb. A walk through the farmer’s market Dolac, one of the largest open markets in the city, descending towards landmark of Bloody bridge and entering into Upper town through Stone Gate passing the colorful church of St. Mark's, the Croatian Parliament, the baroque church of St. Catherine's and the Lotršćak Tower the stroll through the Upper town ends at the Strossmayer promenade, the best spot for panoramic views of Zagreb rooftops and landscape. What comes up, must come down – we continue to Lower town to the longest street of Zagreb, the Ilica, riding the shortest funicular in the world. The area below the Upper town waits on you with its famous monument of Ban Jelačić, the Manduševac fountain, a series of adjoining parks nicknamed “the Green Horseshoe“ and several squares among which is the Marshal Tito's square as one of the most beautiful as it is dominated by the Croatian National Theatre, a masterpiece of 19th century architecture. Your guide will whisper you the secrets of the best restaurants and bars where you can experience the local culture in its earnest. Drop-off at your hotel.
The breakfast at the hotel is followed by an hour and half drive, by car, to the south. We will take you to the green oasis - Plitvice lakes National park, listed on the UNESCO’s World Natural Heritage list. Sixteen terraced lakes, rich flora and fauna and amazingly preserved nature will reward you with a spectacular array of blue and green colours. Pathways and hiking trails amongst waterfalls of 12 upper and 4 lower lakes show us preserved nature in all its glory. On our way back we shall stop at the settlement of Rastoke, often being referred to as „the Small Lakes of Plitvice“. Enjoy this little paradise on the silver waterfalls of Slunjčica river and let yourself be captivated by its natural beauty.
If you still have time, after a breakfast, take a relaxing walk to the city centre. Pay a visit to one of three famous museums: Museum of Illusions, world famous and unique Museum of Broken Relationships or to the Museum of Torture – Tortureum. However, you shouldn’t leave Zagreb before visiting Zagreb 360° viewpoint, offering spectacular view of the city… Let us part by saying “see you soon”. No matter when, Zagreb will be waiting for your return.
- accommodation at a 4* centrally located hotel
- 2 x bed&breakfast in a twin room with shower and toilette
- sojourn tax
- 2,5 hours private walking tour of Zagreb with local guide
- transfer by personal car or mini-van and driver to Plitvice lakes National park
- entrances to various museums during the walking tour in Zagreb
- guide on tour to the Plitvice lakes National park
- entrance to the Plitvice lakes National park
- transfer airport-hotel-airport
GOOD TO KNOW:
- all mentioned under EXCLUSIONS can be provided with extra charge if booked in advance and payed for it along with the package
- the tour of the city in another language besides English or German requires a booking in advance and approval by the agency
- Zagreb 360° - Zagreb Eye is a viewpoint located on the Jelačić Square at the very top of the Zagreb Skyscraper on the 16th floor, which offers a spectacular view of Kaptol, Gradec, the Upper and Lower town, the most important cultural and historical buildings in Zagreb, and the citie's squares, streets and parks
- Museums to visit: Museum of Illusions – admission price cca 5.30 € per person
- Museum of Broken Relationships – admission price cca 4.00 € per person
- Museum of Torture – admission price cca 5.30 € per person
- guide on tour to the Plitvice lakes National park 120.00 €
- entrance to the Plitvice lakes National park up to 25.00 € per person depending on the period of stay
- return transfer airport-hotel-airport from € 74.- for 2 persons on
najbolje vrijeme za putovati, dobro za putovati, moguće je putovati, ali nije najbolje vrijeme u godini, ne preporučujemo putovanje